Job Category: Office & Administrative
Job Number: 201023
Where have you been? We’ ve been looking just for you!
We are seeking a detail oriented individual to fill the role of Software Engineer!
The main function of a software engineer is to apply the principles of computer science and mathematical analysis to the design, development, testing, and evaluation of the software and systems that make computers work. A typical software engineer researches, designs, develops and tests operating systems-level software, compilers, and network distribution software for medical, industrial, military, communications, aerospace, business, scientific and general computing applications.
What Are Your Responsibilities:
- Modify existing databases and database management systems.
- Write and code logical and physical database descriptions and specify identifiers of database to management system or direct others in coding descriptions.
- Work as part of a project team to coordinate database development and determine project scope and limitations.
- Review project requests describing database user needs to estimate time and cost required to accomplish project.
Your Skills and Qualifications Requirements:
- Verbal and written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one’ s time.
- Basic knowledge of the full software development lifecycle: from business/systems analysis, through requirements gathering and functional specification authoring, to development, testing and delivery.
- Basic ability to troubleshoot issues and make system changes as needed to resolve issue.
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of computer development software as it relates to systems, such as SQL, and VisualBasic
- Technology: SQL, Scripting/ Programming (Powershell or similar), BI/ Reporting (SSRS, SSIS)
- High School Diploma Required
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering or relevant field required
- Scope: Independently work on data projects such as report automation, migration and data research
- Must have verifiable education and employment.
- 2-4 years’ experience required.
Additional Position Details:
Full-time, 40 hours work week
9AM to 6PM, Monday-Friday
Contract (6 months project) ONLY
Health Insurance experience, preferred
Pay: $40.00-50.00 an Hour